FIFA Arab Cup 2021
- The FIFA Arab Cup takes place from November 30 to December 18
- A qualifying round takes place from June 19 to 25
- 14 teams involved, 7 tickets issued
While matches counting towards the qualifiers for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 have been linked throughout the first half of June, a qualifying round for the 2021 FIFA Arab Cup begins on June 19 in Doha, in Qatar. Fourteen selections meet in the Qatari capital for knockout matches.
The winners of each duel will get their ticket for the final phase of the competition which will take place from November 30 to December 18 and where Qatar, host country, Iraq, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Syria await them. , Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and Algeria.
ℹ Practical information
- Or ? Doha, Qatar
- When? From 19 to 25 June 2021
- Stake ? A ticket for the FIFA Arab Cup issued to each winner of the confrontations
- Who ? The 14 lowest-ranked caps in the FIFA / Coca-Cola Ranking for April 2021 out of the 23 participating teams
🆚 The qualifying round program
Q1 : 🇴🇲 Oman (world ranking: 80) – Somalia (197) 🇸🇴
Q2 : 🇱🇧 Lebanon (93) – Djibouti (183) 🇩🇯
Q3: 🇯🇴 Jordan (95) – South Sudan (169) 🇸🇸
Q4 : 🇧🇭 Bahrain (99) – Kuwait (148) 🇰🇼
Q5 : 🇲🇷 Mauritania (101) – Yemen (145) 🇾🇪
Q6: 🇵🇸 Palestine (104) – Comoros (131) 🇰🇲
Q7: 🇱🇾 Libya (119) – Sudan (123) 🇸🇩
📺 All matches are broadcast on Youtube: click on the match link!
🏆 About the FIFA Arab Cup
It will remain as the first pan-Arab tournament organized by FIFA. The final will take place exactly one year before the decisive 2022 World Cup match: December 18, which also happens to be Qatar’s National Day. Participants will also have the chance to perform in six of the stadiums of the next edition of the world event.
☝ To know, to remember, not to miss
– The encounter Libya – Sudan will launch hostilities on June 19 at Khalifa International Stadium. Of the seven meetings on the program, this is the one that seems the most balanced knowing that only four ranks separate the two teams in the FIFA / Coca-Cola Ranking for May.
– The day after the inaugural match Libya – Sudan will take place the clash between the two most distant selections in the FIFA Ranking among all those entered in this qualifying round: Oman (80e) – Somalia (197th). The task turns out to be all the more difficult for Ocean Stars that Oman is in great shape. The team have just brilliantly won their ticket to the third round of the Asian qualifiers for Qatar 2022
– Founded in 2011, the team of South sudan has never met in its history a team belonging to a confederation other than CAF. His match of June 21 against the Jordan, who has not met an African team since 2017 (Libya), will therefore be a milestone
– Lebanon – Djibouti and Libya – Sudan are the only matches in this qualifying round in which both opponents are still in the race to clinch their ticket to the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar.
4 – As the number of goals scored against Djibouti (4-2) in qualifying for the Arab Nations Cup 2009. This is the best offensive performance of the Comoros in an official match.
18 – Eighteen years after taking part in the FIFA U-17 World Cup Finland 2003, the goalkeeper Yemen Mohammad Ayash, could once again taste the joys of a FIFA tournament … Mauritania, which continues to surprise release after release.
185 – If he plays against the Bahrain, the attacker of the Kuwait Bader Al Mutawa to overtake Egyptian Ahmed Hassan to become most capped player in history with 185 caps
“I am calm and convinced that our team will be able, if they qualify, to win a few matches in Qatar. The main thing is to win against Lebanon, and to participate in this competition. This would allow us to generate what is lacking a little to our selection: experience “- Madhi Mahabeh, striker from Djibouti, at the microphone of FIFA.com (article to be published soon)